I could seriously live off popcorn. I absolutely love it. I’m actually eating it right now as I type.
It’s cheap, it’s a snack, it’s dinner, it’s dessert, it’s a chip substitute, it’s EVERYTHING I TELL YOU!!!
Ahem, where was I…
I often bring popcorn as my contribution when I get together with friends for book club or birthdays or “Let’s drink wine” nights (which *is* different from book club). But sometimes I feel like just popping some corn doesn’t feel “fancy” enough or “fun” enough to bring with me or send somewhere with my kids.
Mmmm, candy drizzled popcorn with sprinkles? Salty AND sweet AND fun?! Yep, it’s the total package. 🙂
Party popcorn is so simple to make and you can customize it for any holiday. I like the colors above for a super cute addition to a Mardis Gras party. Pink drizzle with red and white sprinkles for Valentine’s Day, green with red and white for Christmas, orange with black for Halloween, the list goes on. And what an easy birthday party treat!
So what do you need? Here you go.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup popping corn
- Salt to taste
- 8 oz. candy melts
- Pop the popping corn with the oil. (Or use 16 cups of pre-popped corn.)
- Spread the popcorn onto two large cookie sheets and lightly salt.
- Melt 1/2 of the candy melts as directed on the package and drizzle evenly over the popcorn on one cookie sheet.
- Immediately shake the sprinkles over the drizzled popcorn.
- Repeat with the other 1/2 of the candy melts, popcorn and sprinkles.
- When cooled completely, carefully slide a spatula between the cookie sheet and popcorn. Gently break apart the larger pieces that are stuck together.
- Store in a covered container to keep fresh.
You could also use white chocolate in place of the candy melts and tint with food coloring if you want the white chocolate taste but still want the color of the candy melts. It tastes great both ways. The untinted white chocolate is fun because it blends in with the popcorn so you see just the sprinkles.
Party popcorn is always a hit with kids and adults. Let me know how you like it if you try it!