We start looking forward to the Children’s Museum’s haunted house each June when we enroll in the library’s summer reading program. One of our must-purchase items with our earned points? Haunted House tickets. We love it SO. MUCH. And this year’s haunted house opens TOMORROW (October 10th)!!
It takes you through 50 years of pop culture through a creepy, three-dimensional lens.
Here’s a quick summary of the rooms you’ll creep through:
- 1964 : Upside Down Room
- 1968 : Moon Room (where lava comes up off the floor in my favorite 3D room)
- 1970’s : Haunted Hangout, a retro basement party
- 1977 : Star Wars Creepy Cantina (where Lucas will speak to you in his best Darth voice the whole time you’re in that room)
- 1980’s : Gruesome Game Room and a life-size pinball machine
- 1983 : Zombie Zone, a tribute to the iconic Thriller video (and just maybe you might catch a glimpse of Michael Jackson himself)
- 1990’s : Wicked World Web, featuring a six-foot spider in 3D
- 1999/2000 : Y-2 Kaos
- Future : complete with flying cars
It’s a definite must-see. I think all ages will enjoy this year’s theme. And all ages are being catered to this year as well. In addition to the normal Lights-on Hours and Frightening Hours, they’ve added Friday night Xtreme Scream! hours that offer the ultimate mind/body, fright experience in a psychological thriller sort of way.
The museum also has two other Halloween-inspired events you should visit – the Bat Encounter (Oct. 17, 18 & 19 at various times) where you can observe a variety of live bats from around the world and the Hollywood Haunts exhibit where you can witness monster movie magic up-close from some of Hollywood’s most popular sci-fi, horror and adventure movies. (Both are included in the cost of museum admission by the way.)
For more information on hours and tickets, visit http://www.childrensmuseum.org/hauntedhouse.
Want to win a family four-pack of tickets for Haunted House admission? The Children’s Museum has given me four Haunted House admissions to give away to one lucky reader! All you have to do is leave a comment telling me what one haunted room you’re most looking forward to visiting.
Want to increase your chances of winning? You can earn up to 2 more entries by:
- Sharing this post on Facebook. Come back to this post and leave another comment telling me you did so with a link to your personal Facebook page.
- Following me on Twitter (@katieunscripted) and tweeting about this giveaway. Something like this: “Enter to win 4 admissions to Time Warp: 50 Years of Fear Haunted House @TCMIndy from @katieunscripted. http://wp.me/p2QiXQ-hz”. Again, come back and leave another comment telling me that you tweeted with a link to the tweet.
Details: The contest is open through Sunday, October 13th. The winner will be chosen and contacted via email on Monday, October 14th (so please make sure your email address is included in at least one of your comments below so I can reach you). The winner will have 24 hours to reply or another winner will be chosen. No exceptions.
Want more chances to win? Visit:
- Hoosier Party Girl (ends 10/14)
- Mom for Less (ends 10/11)
- Just Like the Number (ends 10/12)
- Indy with Kids (ends 10/13)
- What’s up Fagan’s (ends 10/12)
Thanks to The Children’s Museum for hosting me and the boys for a great preview of the Haunted House. We can’t wait to take the girls to be scared again!