One of my favorite days of the year is quickly approaching on Friday, August 2nd. It’s not my birthday, anniversary or any holiday. It’s the first day of the Indiana State Fair.
Yes friends, IT’S INDIANA STATE FAIR TIME!!!!
Can you feel my excitement?!?!
Do I need to remind you about how much I LOVE THE STATE FAIR?!
We already have four trips to the fair planned for this year. I have already submitted my available days to my elephant ear employer/friend. Every time we drive by the fairgrounds my kids ask me when we get to go for the first time. I have them totally brainwashed to love the fair as much as I do. It’s the only thing that keeps me going through the last few weeks of summer vacation.
And my dear friends over at Indiana’s Family of Farmers (IFOF) have a ton of activities going on at the fair this year that you should check out, including:
- Recipe Trail : For each person who finishes the trail, IFOF partners with Feeding Indiana’s Hungry to donate
one pound of food to food banks across the state. Recipe trail travelers donated more than 3,000
pounds of food last year. This year’s goal is 3,500 pounds, so 3,500 people need to go through the
recipe trail to attain the goal. More information about the 2013 recipe trail is on the IFOF’s website.
- World’s Largest Popcorn Ball : IFOF is the sponsor the World’s Largest Popcorn Ball, a 5,000-pound, 9-foot popcorn delicacy featured at the Ball State Ag/Horticulture Building. This will also be a stop on the 2013 IFOF recipe trail. After the fair, the popcorn will be fed to Indiana livestock. (I can’t tell you how excited I am to see this! It might be the one food I couldn’t live without.)
- IFOF booth in DuPont Food Pavilion : For the second year in a row, the DuPont Food Pavilion will be a part of this year’s state fair. Along with hourly food demos on the Red Gold Kitchen the pavilion will also feature a retail store with more than 30 Indiana made specialty items available for purchase. IFOF is proud to be part of the food pavilion all 17 days. Along with the recipe trail, different agricultural groups will be featured and providing samples at the IFOF booth.
- Partnership with Habitat for Humanity : The Habitat home built on the state fairgrounds will be a stop on this year’s recipe trail. As part of the partnership, Indiana’s Family of Farmers will donate a freezer and meat donations to fill the freezer to the new homeowner. Thanks to the farmers around the state who grow our food and who generously gave back.
Indiana’s Family of Farmers wants you at the fair. So much so, that I get to give away four tickets to the fair, thanks to IFOF!! Entering is easy. All you have to do is leave one comment below sharing something relevant to this post. (You have to do this to be entered into the giveaway.)
Want to increase your chances of winning? You can earn up to 2 more entries by:
- Sharing this post on Facebook. Come back and leave another comment telling me you did so with a link to your personal Facebook page.
- Tweeting about this giveaway. Something like this: “Enter to win 4 tickets to @IndyStateFair from @katieunscripted thanks to @FamilyofFarmers. http://wp.me/p2QiXQ-fM”. Again, come back and leave another comment telling me that you tweeted with a link to the tweet.
Details: The contest is open through Friday, August 2nd. The winner will be chosen and contacted via email on Saturday, August 3rd (so please make sure your email address is included in at least one of your comments below so I can reach you). The winner will have 24 hours to reply or another winner will be chosen. No exceptions.
I can’t wait to see you at the fair this year. Let me know when you’re going. I’m sure we’d meet you there. 🙂
Disclosure: As an IFOF Ambassador, I received four tickets to attend the Indiana State Fair and four tickets for this giveaway.This is a sponsored post. Though, as always, all thoughts and opinions are completely mine. (Let’s be honest – my love for the fair isn’t news to anyone. It’s pretty obvious these thoughts and opinions are mine.)