Last Wednesday night I started feeling dizzy. Since then, I’ve had varying levels of this dizzy, light-headed feeling, along with nausea and generally feeling like something’s just not right. And I can’t trace it back to anything specific.
I have since diagnosed myself with about 14 different illnesses. You know, by googling every symptom that might be a symptom, and checking every doctor.com website possible.
Here is my self-diagnosis:
1. Nerve dysfunction, because for about 30 seconds one evening my cheeks got all tingly and I immediately thought I might be dying.
2. B12 deficiency, see same symptom in #1
3. Middle ear infection
5. Diabetes, except that I have checked my blood twice during these episodes and it’s been perfect each time.
7. Crohn’s Disease
9. High Blood Pressure, except today my BP was fine at the doctor’s office.
10. Kidney Failure
11. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
12. Ectopic Pregancy, except that I’m definitely *not* pregnant.
13. Appendicitis, except that the pain I had in my right hip flexor went away after just 2 days and I’m pretty sure was 99% related to the reason I know I’m not pregnant. 🙂
14. Brain Tumor.
So, I decided I should go to the doctor since I have become a hypochondriac since Wednesday night. I had 2-3 pretty severe episodes at the office and my BP and heart rate were just fine. And my doctor thinks it is probably anemia or a broken thyroid and is testing my blood counts as well, to make sure it’s not something else. I’m hoping it’s a quick fix, found from the 3 blood tests he’s running tomorrow.
Until then, I’ll probably start my own website for others like me: www.hypochondriac.com.
You can join. I know I’m not the only one with all these diseases.