I’ve come to realize that I’m not open with people. Not for real. Yes, I’ll say I’m having a crappy day, that my kids are sick, that I’m struggling with the transition out of the workplace. But those are easy to things to admit.
And it got me thinking about all the other things I could admit. So here it goes.
- I want to be JLo. I think she’s totally cool. And I am not.
- I let my kids watch TV. Probably more than I “should” sometimes.
- I don’t think I have a (mutual) best friend.
- I send my daughter to private school. And I will send the other two there as well. Until I can’t afford it anymore.
- I am on a real budget for the first time. Ever.
- I don’t like being on a budget.
- I really don’t like to “play” with my kids.
- I am eating a full sized chocolate bar right now. I do this at least once a week in the middle of the day. Sometimes hiding it from my children if they’re awake.
- I used to think I would end up with someone darker.
- (Nice transition into…) I love Terrell Owens. And I think we’d be friends if given the chance. 🙂
- I put on make-up every day, even if I’m not leaving my house.
- I don’t bathe my children every day.
- I don’t bathe my children every other day.
- I am pretty judgemental. Of myself also. (Like that makes it better…)
- During the State of the Union address, I asked my husband what the Vice President’s name was. I was completely blank.
- I think I am smart. (I know, hard to believe after the admission above.)
- I don’t like that someone else is doing my job.
- I am a much better mom when my kids are younger. I live for this.
There really is so much more. So many other things to admit that are deeper and more meaningful. But like I said, I’m not very open with people…
What do you want to admit?